Entry of Pets

Entry of Pets

Entry of pets from European union

What do you need to bring your pet with you?

- Passport issued by a vet, with the owner’s name and address

- Identification via microchip

- Confirmation of a valid anti-rabies vaccination

Entry of Pets in madiera island


Pets from outside EU still need

- Rabies antibody test 

-Treatment against Echinococcus multiloculares

-Health Certificate and Declaration.


Circulation of pets

Animals are not permitted to enter restaurants, shops, supermarkets and certain beaches and hotels,but are allowed to enter public transport services provided.